Misty Copeland Q&A
1. Favourite piece of non-ballet clothing you own?
- Leather Jacket
- It's classic and timeless
2. Go-to coffee order.
- Matcha Green Tea Latte
3. Favourite cafe?☕️
- Beechers in NYC
4. If you could sit down to drinks/dinner with one person living or dead who would it be and why?
- Dave Chapelle. I'm often asked this question often and my answer has evolved over time. But I think Dave's voice is so important right now. He's a friend of mine, but I'd love to have a drink with him now in particular, because this moment we're in is so critical for black people.
5. Do you have any skills or surprising talents? (aside from ballet obviously)
- Cooking and baking! I love to find whatever ingredients are available in my house and try to make a really great meal with it. It's a fun artistic challenge.
6. Most interesting/enjoyable/surprising place you’ve danced?
- In Prince's home in Hollywood during a photoshoot for his upcoming American Tour.
7. Best meal you’ve ever had?
- Japanese food, chef's choice
Where was it?
- A tiny bar/restaurant in Tokyo that only seated 10 people. But not the fancy kind you wait years to get a reservation to, but the kind of place only locals know about that's super casual.
8. Did you ever consider a completely different career?
- not before I danced, but I thought about stopping dancing a couple of times.
If so what?
Would you want to study something?
- Culinary School
9. Last thing you read.
- Homegoing by Yah Gyasi
10. Last series you binged.
11. Last time you were totally starstruck.
- President Obama
12. 3 Instagram accounts you’re really inspired/interested in right now?
- @blackirisproject @beautifuldestinations @donte.colley @sleepingongems
Why? (This is in your opinion. Could be celebrity, world leader, dancer, brand, influencers)
- I chose four... lol, Inspiring, aspirational, beauty, motivating and dope!
13. Favourite meal:
- Crab legs in a lemon butter sauce
14. Favourite place on earth:
- A beach anywhere
15. Favourite animal:
16. Favourite emoji:
17. Favourite make-up brand:
- Makeup Forever and MAC
18. Favourite Leotard:
- A REALLY old Yumiko halter Leo
19. What are your favourite your pre/post show foods?
- My diet never changes, performance or not, but after show my favorite go to is a glass of Prosecco.
20. Best day of your dancing career?
- The day I made my Firebird debut in NYC to a sold out audience of black and brown people at the Metropolitan Opera House
21. What was the best advice you ever received in life?
- Not to let other peoples words define me.
To follow Misty...
Instagram : @Mistyonpointe
To follow Ballet Skirts By Lucinda ...
#BalletSkirtsByLucinda #BSBL #Balletblog #BalletQandA #Ballerina #pointe #primaballerina #balletskirts #leotard #ABT #englishnationalballet #mistycopeland