21" Flat Line
Ballet Skirts By Lucinda, (B.S.B.L) are beautiful BESPOKE ballet wrap skirts which are handcrafted just for you.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
Mid Flat Line (Slim)
- Skirt is cut on the same level all the way around crossing over just infront of the dancer's knee at 20"-21".
- The fabrics are designed to move and flow with you and so we use only the best quality CHIFFON, GEORGETTES, VELVETS and DEVORES to achieve this.
- The hems of the skirts are beautifully over-locked in threads that match the ribbons. You may request to have a specific colour of ribbon/elastic if you desire.
Slim Cut VS Regular Cut
Slim Cut = Less fabric so that the skirt falls closer to the body and creates a slimmer silouette. ( a favourite among professional dancers )
Reglar Cut = A cut with more fabric means you have more space over the hips and a floatier effect on the skirt. ( ideal for an hourglass figure or for those with smaller waists )
- Satin Ribbon: High quality Berrisford or Shindo ribbon, which elegantly ties and tumbles down at the back. It will not fray, stretch or knot at the first instance like many on the market!
- Elastic: Our comfortable elastic comes in multiple colours and shades to match every skirt and will assure that your skirt stays in place and won't move around while you're dancing. This is especially good for partnering work.
- Velvet Elastic: This is our most luxurious tie. It goes especially well with our 'Burnout chiffons' (Check fabric page) which all feature velvet in their designs.
The sizing on my wrap around ballet skirts are determined by the width on the waist and allows for an approximate 7" cross-over. The UK sizes are based on the most common store dress size measurements and are as follows:
Size Chart (UK)
20-21" = Size 2
22-23" = Size 4
24-25" = Size 6
26-27" = Size 8
28-29" = Size 10
30-31" = Size 12
32-33" = Size 14
I want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so please let me know if you feel otherwise and I will always ensure to get the right skirt for you and I promise to answer back the same day !!
All skirts are cut on the BIAS to allow the rise and fall of the fabric to sculpt the dancer's movement - we dont skimp on the fabric!
We can CUSTOM ORDER specific lengths for a pattern surcharge of £5.
My skirts are strong and durable and can be happily washed at 30 degrees in the washing machine in a washing bag (this prevents the ribbons from getting tangled up with everything else). Once washed, shake and hang out to dry as there is no need to iron.