19" Tapered (slim/reg)
Elegant, sophisticated, classic... our 19"Tapered Skirt is that and so much more!
Our handcrafted skirts are designed to flatter any figure by lengthening the lines with a simple clean cut.
Choose from our SLIM or REG cut (see additional info to decide which style will suit you)
Our UK sizes are based on waist measurements as follows:
Size 4 = 22-23" Size 6 = 24-25"
Size 8 = 26=27" Size10= 28-29" and so on...
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
19" Tapered (Slim)
- Skirt is slightly higher at the front than the back.
- Skirt tapers at the back at about 19" to give an elegant line. (Length can vary slightly due to the stretch of the fabric)
- Our fabrics are designed to move and flow with you and so we use only the best quality chiffons and georgettes.
- The hems of the skirts are beautifully over-locked in threads that match the ribbons.
You may request to have a specific colour of ribbon/elastic if you desire.
Slim Cut VS Regular Cut
Slim Cut = Less fabric so that the skirt falls closer to the body and creates a slimmer silouette. ( a favourite among professional dancers )
Reglar Cut = A cut with more fabric means you have more space over the hips and a floatier effect on the skirt. ( ideal for an hourglass figure or for those with smaller waists )
- Satin Ribbon: High quality Berrisford or Shindo ribbon, which elegantly ties and tumbles down at the back. It will not fray, stretch or knot at the first instance like many on the market!
- Elastic: Our comfortable elastic comes in multiple colours and shades to match every skirt and will assure that your skirt stays in place and won't move around while you're dancing. This is especially good for partnering work.
- Velvet Elastic: This is our most luxurious tie. It goes especially well with our 'Burnout chiffons' (Check fabric page) which all feature velvet in their designs.
I do not sell any 'one size fits all' skirts because everyone has different sized waists and if the skirt crosses over too much you get caught up in it and if it doesn't cross over enough then you feel somewhat under dressed!
The sizing on my wrap around ballet skirts are determined by the width on the waist and allows for an approximate 7" cross-over. The UK sizes are based on the most common store dress size measurements and are as follows:
Size 2 20-21"
Size 4 22-23"
Size 6 24-25"
Size 8 26-27"
Size 10 28-29"
Size 12 30-31"
Our handcrafted skirts are designed to flatter any figure by lengthening the lines with a simple, clean cut and minimum flare.