16" Aurora Design
The 16" Aurora Design - the most popular skirt in our entire range, is perfect for everything from daily ballet classes, to auditions and solos.
Customisable with 450 fabrics to choose from, you can design your dream skirt with the confidence that every care has been taken in handcrafting your bespoke piece.
The above skirt is made in our 'Bird of Paradise' Chiffon.
If you'd prefer a slightly shorter or longer length please leave a note or email us when ordering.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
16" Short Skirt
- Skirt is very slightly higher at the front than the back.
- Skirt tapers at the back at about 16" to give an elegant line.
- The fabrics are designed to move and flow with you and so we use only the best quality GEORGETTES, VELVETS and CHIFFONS to achieve this.
- The hems of the skirts are beautifully over-locked in threads that match the ribbons. You may request to have a specific colour of ribbon/elastic if you desire.
- Satin Ribbon: High quality Berrisford or Shindo ribbon, which elegantly ties and tumbles down at the back. It will not fray, stretch or knot at the first instance like many on the market!
- Elastic: Our comfortable elastic comes in multiple colours and shades to match every skirt and will assure that your skirt stays in place and won't move around while you're dancing. This is especially good for partnering work.
- Velvet Elastic: This is our most luxurious tie. It goes especially well with our 'Burnout chiffons' (Check fabric page) which all feature velvet in their designs.
We do not sell any 'one size fits all' skirts because everyone has different sized waists and if the skirt crosses over too much you get caught up in it and if it doesn't cross over enough then you feel somewhat under dressed!
The sizing of our wrap ballet skirts are determined by the width on the waist and allows for an approximate 7" cross-over, so if you prefer more of a crossover then opt for the next size up.
The UK sizes are based on the most common store dress size measurements and are as follows:
Size Chart (UK)
20-21" = Size 2
21-23" = Size 4
23-25" = Size 6
25-27" = Size 8
27-29" = Size 10
29-31" = Size 12
31-33" = Size 14
and so on...
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so please let me know if you feel otherwise and I will always ensure to get the right skirt for you and I promise to answer back the same day !