Ballet Skirts By Lucinda - Beautiful BESPOKE skirts, handcrafted in England just for you.We respectfully need to add a surcharge of £5 per skirt for size 20 and above.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
16" Tapered (Slim)
- Skirt is very slightly higher at the front than the back.
- Skirt tapers at the back at about 16" to give an elegant line. (Length can vary slightly due to the stretch of the fabric)
- The fabrics are designed to move and flow with you and so we use only the best quality GEORGETTES, VELVETS and CHIFFONS to achieve this.
- The hems of the skirts are beautifully over-locked in threads that match the ribbons. You may request to have a specific colour of ribbon/elastic if you desire.
Slim Cut VS Regular Cut
Slim Cut = Less fabric so that the skirt falls closer to the body and creates a slimmer silouette. ( a favourite among professional dancers )
Reglar Cut = A cut with more fabric means you have more space over the hips and a floatier effect on the skirt. ( ideal for an hourglass figure or for those with smaller waists )
- Satin Ribbon: High quality Berrisford or Shindo ribbon, which elegantly ties and tumbles down at the back. It will not fray, stretch or knot at the first instance like many on the market!
- Elastic: Our comfortable elastic comes in multiple colours and shades to match every skirt and will assure that your skirt stays in place and won't move around while you're dancing. This is especially good for partnering work.
- Velvet Elastic: This is our most luxurious tie. It goes especially well with our 'Burnout chiffons' (Check fabric page) which all feature velvet in their designs.
All skirts are cut on the BIAS to allow the rise and fall of the fabric to sculpt the dancer's movement.
I do not sell any 'one size fits all' skirts because everyone has different sized waists and if the skirt crosses over too much you get caught up in it and if it doesn't cross over enough then you feel somewhat under dressed!
The sizing on my wrap around ballet skirts are determined by the width on the waist and allows for an approximate 7" cross-over. The UK sizes are based on the most common store dress size measurements and are as follows:
Size Chart (UK)
20-21" = Size 2
22-23" = Size 4
24-25" = Size 6
26-27" = Size 8
28-29" = Size 10
30-31" = Size 12
32-33" = Size 14
I want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so please let me know if you feel otherwise and I will always ensure to get the right skirt for you and I promise to answer back the same day !!
We can CUSTOM ORDER specific lengths for a pattern surcharge of £5.
My skirts are strong and durable and can be happily washed at 30 degrees in the washing machine in a washing bag (this prevents the ribbons from getting tangled up with everything else). Once washed, shake and hang out to dry as there is no need to iron.